Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Too much time on my hands

Sometimes I just have too much time and instead of watching TV or doing some other mindless thing, I usually repot my plants (yes... that makes much more sense than watching TV... it does!... does, too!).

I used the opportunity to take some intimate pictures of my faucaria seedlings.

Faucaria tigrina seedlings on April 15, 2007

I was quite surprised to see how thick the seed leaves have become. They started out somehow hollow but they seem to have filled up during the last few weeks.
They look really healthy and one can still see the long stem they grew during their first days.
I was a little afraid that these stems would begin to rot once I put them underground, but obviously they didn't. So that was a good decision.

Now they are repotted and the soil is covered with aquarium sand to fend off fungus gnats and now they can keep growing nicely.


Faucaria tigrina seedlings on April 17, 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment