Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Echinopsis

Today I want to show you my echinopsis. This is one plant I actually haven't grown from seeds (although that might be an idea for the next sowing list...). No, I got this as a gift from a green-24 member in exchange for two Matucana madisoniorum seedlings.
I told him that he didn't need to give me anything in exchange, but he hovered around me the whole day (this was at the rarity exchange market in Essen) until I unknowingly dropped that I would like to have an echinopsis. And suddenly I saw him run away... and I thought "huh, what is he up to now?" I hadn't even noticed him standing right behind me. And then he came back with this echinopsis - for me.

Well, what can I say? I'm going to be eternally grateful! It has two children at its side and a few weeks ago it made some fuzzy little gray stubble... as I found out later: the beginning of a flower bud.

Now, it looks like this:


Echinopsis flower bud on July 15, 2009

Today is wednesday and like any other succulent and cacti fan I am currently in hell asking myself only one querstion:
Am I going to miss the flower opening for the first time?
I so hope not!!! But there is already some pink showing on the tip... and how much bigger is this bud going to get?
I can do nothing but wait, pray and hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment