Saturday, July 18, 2009

Right now I am the luckiest person alive!

When I got home from work yesterday, I instantly ran to the window sill and... the flower was not open yet!!!

I took two pics to document the new status (it has grown incredibly long):


Echinopsis on July 17, 2009

Then we sat down for dinner and started to watch a movie afterwards. I was still so on edge because I hadn't missed any flowering action, that I got up again around 8pm and checked on my echinopsis.
Incredibly the blossom then started to open, while I was watching it. It was almost as if it had waited for me to come home!

Also I am incredibly lucky to have the best husband on the planet - a professional photographer. He got out the studio equipment immediately (not only for me... he could not let such an opportunity slip, either) and we started a huge photo session.

These are the results, enjoy:





















No comments:

Post a Comment