Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I'll get a flower again

My echinopsis very bravely grows another flower bud this year, even though I did not keep it in a cool spot over the winter.
Next to the flower bud (two rows over to the left) there is a second point where it gets a little "furry", but I'm not sure if that is going to become a second flower this year or if that's just the beginning for next year. Last time the echinopsis had two of those starting points, too, but it only grew one flower bud.
Here one can also see how tall the little ones have grown over the past year. I'm guessing that it will soon be time to separate them from their mother. Even though I have often seen echinopsis cacti with many children that never were separated from the big plant.
I am not sure what to do... I surely don't want to disturb it while it is blossoming. But to have two separate young echinopsis cacti would be nice, too.
I'll keep you updated on the status of the flower bud and hopefully my husband and I will have the opportunity again to take as many pictures of it as last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment