Friday, July 23, 2010

Lophophora williamsii

I don't really know how I got the idea to get lophophora seeds... I guess I saw them named on the Kakteen Haage page, googled them (unfortunately Haage does not have pictures on their webpage - I'm guessing they could sell far more, if they had pics to go with the description...) and thought they looked nice. So I bought seeds.

And like many cacti they germinated nice and quick and now they look like this:




Lophophora williamsii seedlings on July 23, 2010

I haven't sowed many cacti, but the ones I did sow always got my attention in this stage of their growth. I just love the way the seedlings look like they have hair growing out of their heads.
I had little echinocactus seedlings once that had a phase of looking like little punks. I told them that if they started headbanging I would have to separate and ground them.

No comments:

Post a Comment