Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Pseudotruncatella var. groendrayensis

Well, this label name is going to screw up my menu-design...
Lithops pseudotruncatella var. groendrayensis C244 (sowed on January 26, 2010)

They are white! ... Or, well, almost white. That's why I had to have them (actually I wanted to have C239 but they weren't available as seeds).
These are the Lithops I talked about in my general Lithops Infos section about why some of the Lithops have such strange colors but are still perfectly camouflaged in their natural habitat.

Apparently these "live" in a part of the desert that is covered in dark brown soil. One would think it wiser for them to be brown, too... but: the soil is covered with bright white stones here and there. So they are white and again look like the rest of the stones.






Lithops pseudotruncatella seedlings on July 23, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment