Monday, August 16, 2010

Passion flowers - my favorites

I had four different blooming passion flowers in the last few years. They have such beautiful flowers that most of the time I could not resist taking pictures of them.

I want to show you the most beautiful of those (literally) thousands of pictures.


Passion Flower Hybrid "Petra" (Yes, I did get it because of its name...)


Passion Flower Hybrid "Sapphire"


Passion Flower Hybrid "Purple Haze"


Passion Flower Hybrid "Petra"


Passion Flower "Constance Elliott"


Passion Flower Hybrid "Petra"


Passion Flower Hybrid "Purple Haze"


Passion Flower Hybrid "Sapphire"


Passion Flower Hybrid "Petra"


Passion Flower Hybrid "Sapphire"


Passion Flower Hybrid "Purple Haze"


Passion Flower Hybrid "Purple Haze"


Passion Flower Hybrid "Petra"


Passion Flower Hybrid "Purple Haze"


And my absolute favourite pic... you know it already:

Passion Flower Hybrid "Sapphire"

3 comments:

  1. Artistic shots. Your thumbnail got me curious. At first I thought it was part of a bird's wings until I viewed this post and realised that they are the filament-like petals of the passiflora. I should take shots like yours sometime, only that my purple passiflora died a while ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Elsie!
    Yeah, I get that quite often that people think it's a bird's wing. Funny really, I never looked at it from that point of view.
    I love taking pics with my macro lense. Up close the whole world looks different.
    Unfortunately I lost three of my four passion flowers this year, only the Sapphire remains. But I guess I'll get more next year. I've always wanted a red blooming hybrid.

    ReplyDelete