Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Late bloomers

I just told the people at green-24.de this morning that none of my Lithops want to bloom this year apparently...

And then I just looked at my windowsill coincidentally and found this:



Lithops julii flower bud on September 28, 2010

This one must have grown almost over night because I am pretty sure that I had a good look at my windowsill (looking for flower buds) on Sunday and I found nothing. And today it looks like that? It's almost about to open (if the sun comes out today...).

After I had found that one I went for a closer look and found the others:


Lithops julii flower bud on September 28, 2010


Lithops julii flower bud on September 28, 2010


Lithops marmorata flower bud on September 28, 2010


Lithops marmorata flower bud on September 28, 2010

Nice birthday present! :D

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! :)

    I keep hoping my lithops flourish...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bololoch!
    Thank you! :D

    Don't give up hope. As you see they decide from one moment to the next that they want to blossom.
    I might get lucky today and see the first one open, because today the sun actually shines here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday for back then, or coming up. Lol. Your Lithops really do love you. They look really happy and healthy.

    ReplyDelete