Sunday, January 2, 2011

Look at my Fenestraria aurantiaca!

It's the middle of winter but they show progress! It's incredible. They are beautiful (again a weirdness creeps up on me while calling these tiny little balls "beautiful"...)!












Fenestraria aurantiaca on January 2, 2011

I saw on the pictures that the last one's root is a little exposed (that was almost not visible with the naked eye) and I already set it a little deeper into the sand so that it won't dry out too fast.

Against the light you can see that they even have those windows already at the top of their leaves.




Fenestraria aurantiaca with typical windows on top of the leaves on January 2, 2011

5 comments:

  1. Hehe, they look very cute! I have a Fenestraria Aurantiaca, and its smal, well. I really dont know about plants, so I can't really give you much info about it. I bearly bought it today, and its beautiful! I have it living in the house with me(in my room). I just really hope that I take all the good care it needs to be healthy and survive! I hope your cute plant keeps on growing, and becomes an ALL-grown healthy Fenestraria Aurantiaca!!! Bye=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Do you have them under natural light or artificial?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the point of this post I still had them under artificial light but I've placed them in natural light since. I noticed with my Lithops that artificial light is great for germination but as soon as the small plants have grown a little they should get real sunlight pretty soon so they'll grow well an healthy.

      Delete