Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Here we go again

My Lithops otzeniana... I am again at that point where I have been before. They show their first real pair of leaves through the gap. They are finally starting to grow up.
Forgive me if I am a little subdued... but you know about my sad experiences with otzenianas. Though these look so healthy and so many of those seedlings actually survived. They are the biggest Lithops seedlings I own right now - all the others sown at the same time are much smaller and not nearly as many of those survived.

I dare not hope for them to survive (I know I can be very pessimistic)... but who knows maybe that's going to be the secret to success.


Lithops otzeniana seedling on March 13, 2011


Lithops otzeniana seedling on March 13, 2011

I do however own a lot of other otzeniana seeds and to be honest with Spring finally coming around, the days getting longer again and the temps rising steadily... I feel that itching in my fingers and I am sure I'm going to sow more otzenianas soon. Then they'll have the whole summer to grow and become big and strong and hopefully they'll survive the next winter just as well as these did (see, the pessimistic attitude is already gone again ;)).

No comments:

Post a Comment