Sunday, March 27, 2011

More Than Meets the Eye

Didn't I say a few days ago that I am now only waiting for my "self-grown" Lithops to grow two heads or to flower?
Well they ain't flowering...

I gotta admit that I pushed the old leaves aside a little... to get a better look. I know that you shouldn't do that (especially since I ripped them a little), but I was just so curious.

Lithops olivacea on March 27, 2011

And this one looked really strange. I got the feeling that there was more in there than I could see.

Lithops olivacea on March 27, 2011


Lithops olivacea on March 27, 2011

So, again I gave in to my inquisitive urges and peeled them free of their already dry outer shell.

Lithops olivacea on March 27, 2011


Lithops olivacea on March 27, 2011


Lithops olivacea on March 27, 2011

These are the first of my home grown Lithops to grow two new heads. I am so proud... again! (Happens a lot lately ;))

2 comments:

  1. Just came across your blog - love it! There doesn't seem to be a lot of people blogging about lithops and mesembs out there, so I'm so happy I found a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather,

    thanks for your comment! Glad you like my blog and great to have you here!
    Yeah, I've heard that several times... we Lithops-lovers seem to be a rare species ;)

    ReplyDelete