Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Euphorbia obesa flowering

One of my euphorbias is flowering again. I have recently repotted my three euphorbias and now I have no idea anymore which of those three had already flowered before.
If I remember correctly, two of them had flowered but unfortunately both of them had been male pants, so I can't pollinate them (if that is even possible with these small flowers...).

Still I find these tiny flowers very fascinating.






Euphorbia obesa flower buds on May 28, 2012

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful plant Petra. They take so long to grow, but the adult plants are worth the wait. obesa can grow pups too, so hopefully you can get a female plant from that method, or can only female plants give pups, and the pups are only females, or can they change sex, plants can be so weird. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have two other plants this size and age, one of which is flowering as well. So I still have hopes that I might have a female plant, too.
      The tiny size of the flowers makes me wonder, though. The seeds are pretty large in comparison, so it would be very interesting to watch a seed capsule develop.

      Delete