Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Lithops helmutii times two

My Lithops helmuthii seedlings (c271) must have multiplied over the winter. I didn't notice that until I took these pictures, but it's clearly visible that these two came from the same old plant.
I still have them under my energy saving lamp because I thought they weren't big enough yet to be living the "real" Lithops life on my window sill. But I guess it's time they moved into the sun.

This is what they're supposed to look like when they're older: http://www.lithops.info/de/galerie/lithops_c271.html




Lithops helmutii seedlings on May 28, 2012

2 comments:

  1. They look very different to the mature plants, I did not know they could multiply so quickly. Good luck with them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :)
      Yes, I was surprised to see this, too. But I have read that some Lithops are more prone to multiplying than others, both in young years as well as later.
      I find the color changes that happen at this age with every new pair of leaves very fascinating. They can look like completely different plants from one year to the next.

      Delete