Thursday, July 19, 2012

Adenium Obesum Flowering Again

This is not the beheaded one, just to be clear! ;)
But it is one of my self-grown ones (I don't have any other adeniums anyway) and it's flowering reliably every summer.
However, equally reliably, it grows several flower buds and then lets at least two of them dry up before growing a "decent" one that will open eventually.

I still haven't figured out why it does that or how I can prevent this. But, we're working on it.


Two Adenium obesum flower buds on July 18, 2012


Normal and dried up Adenium flower bud on July 18, 2012

2 comments:

  1. How odd, at least it grows one decent flower bud! :-) Has this happened in the past?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it did this every year since it started flowering in 2010. The first time around I was so stunned by the flower bud that I didn't even notice the dried up ones until way later.
      Since then I check them more frequently and each year I see a flower bud grow and then dry up... no idea why.
      The ones that do open are gorgeous, though. :)

      Delete