Saturday, July 21, 2012

New Dorotheae Seedlings

You know I already have dorotheae that are quite big. I sowed those in 2007 and I'm really only waiting for one of them to finally flower. :)

A couple of weeks ago I found my old box with Lithops seeds and I decided to sow the rest of them. Among them were also some more of those old dorotheae seeds that I had already sowed in 2007.
Somehow I hadn't expected them to germinate, but... here they are:


Lithops dorotheae on July 18, 2012 (sowed on April 29, 2012)

I really love those little green balls. Isn't it fascinating how Lithops can be distinguished from each other even at that young age? Compared to the pseudotruncatella var. edithae I posted a couple of days ago, these look very different.
Let's hope these will grow just as well as the first ones did!

5 comments:

  1. I love dorotheaes; good luck with them, some of them do look quite big for 2 month old seedlings; What are you feeding them? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me too! Dorotheaes are my favorite Lithops... okay, closely followed by lots of others, but still. ;)
      I fed them Orchid fertilizer once about two weeks ago, other than that I think it's just the angle (this was taken with a macro lense, so they look bigger than they are).

      Delete
  2. Hi Petra! I love them all too, and every species has something unique and amazing to offer; although atm, optica, dorotheae, and terricolor are my faourites, but this keeps on changing. :-) Either way, I think all you plants and seedlings look great! You're really good with your plants. Btw Petra, I've just started a community forum for Lithops enthusiasts called "Lithops forum". Would be awesome for you to join! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea, because I think there is not enough info about Lithops out there.
      I've had to leave my old plant forum, though, because I just didn't have the time to post there regularly anymore. So... can't make any promises. ;)
      But I'll be sure to check it out!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Petra. Take your time, but your presence would be greatly appreciated, if and when you have the time. :-)

      Delete