Thursday, August 2, 2012

"Feed me, Seymour..."

"... feed me all night long!"

Do you know that movie? The Little Shop of Horrors?
If not: watch it! You'll love it!

I came back home today and saw that my Matucana has made huge steps with its flower bud... but that thing looks a little like that plant "Audrey" in said movie. Even though Audrey was a carnivore and my Matucana is a vegetarian, some small similarities are there.


"Feed me, Seymour!" ... Just imagine this one opening its "mouth" and starting to sing. ;)




Matucana madisoniorum flower bud on August 2, 2012

Apart from the movie reminders, I am of course very excited about this flower. And I can't wait to see how much longer/bigger it will grow and what it will look like when it finally opens. This will be my first deep red flower and of course the first flower on yet another one of my self-grown plants.

1 comment:

  1. Ooo, definitely an Audrey! But I bet the flower won't look as carnivorous once it blooms!

    ReplyDelete