Saturday, August 4, 2012

Matucana Flower, There She Is

My Matucana flower opened (almost) today!!! It's blood red and I love it!

I'm guessing it will open completely tomorrow, which couldn't come at a better time, on a Sunday... and, yes, I promise you pictures. Tons of pictures. ;)

But now... my first self-grown Matucana madisoniorum and its gorgeous flower:




Matucana madisoniorum flower almost completely opened on August 4, 2012

And since my Adenium obesum flower was open, too, today, I took the opportunity for a group picture.


Matucana madisoniorum flower (left), Adenium obesum flower (right) and Adenium obesum flower bud (top, still closed) on August 4, 2012

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous photos. I love Matucana, one of the most interesting looking cactus flowers.

    ReplyDelete