Sunday, September 16, 2012

My Second "Own" Lithops Flower

This time it's one of my fulviceps!
They are the same age as the gracilidelineata that blossomed a few weeks ago. This one might be a few weeks younger, but it germinated in 2007, too.
The flower will be yellow, since all fulviceps (with the exception of one cultivar) have yellow flowers. I thought I saw some changes in the fissure a couple of days ago, but I didn't quite believe it until today when it became kind of obvious. ;)




Lithops fulviceps with emerging flower bud on September 16, 2012

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I can understand and feel how proud you are right now! Congrats! LT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those 'warts' on this Lithops is kind of scary and at the same time fascinating. What an amazing plant; no foliage but flowers just sprout out of the cleavage. I'm still shaking my head in disbelief.

    ReplyDelete