Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sunlight Lets Schwantesii Grow

Last Spring I put my small pot with my schwantesii var. kunjasensis seedlings (which I seem to have kept from you until now...) on my windowsill. They had been growing under the energy saving lamp, which is fine for a while but at some point that amount of light just isn't enough anymore.

Since I have withheld these schwantesii from you so far, I've gone through my pics and now you'll get an update on the schwantesii history as it developed in my pots so far:


Lithops schwantesii var. kunjasensis on January 19, 2008


Lithops schwantesii var. kunjasensis on May 25, 2008


Lithops schwantesii var. kunjasensis on July 14, 2008


Lithops schwantesii var. kunjasensis seedlings on June 28, 2009

So, that was the last state of things... And as soon as you give them real sunlight, you get to see how they thank you for that: they have grown - A LOT!

They are also showing interesting markings. I can't wait to see what they'll look like next year with their new pair of leaves.


Lithops schwantesii var. kunjasensis on November 18, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment