Friday, June 21, 2013

Hoya Kerrii - First Flower

Look what my Hoya kerrii is doing!
I bought this plant as a one-leaved Valentine's Day left-over plant. I knew that it takes a long time until these single leaves grow on (it took two years until mine finally showed first signs of actual growth). But I was patient and by now it has six leaves (just don't ask me how long it took for that to happen... I don't remember anymore when I bought this one).


Hoya kerrii on June 19, 2013

And a few days ago I looked at this plant and wondered about why it's growing so askew...
Ha! It's not. That's going to be its first flower!


Hoya kerrii flower buds on June 19, 2013

I am very exited and pleased to see this!!! And I will keep you updated, of course.

2 comments:

  1. Oh that's wonderful to see :) I just bought a Kerrii a few months ago. I also hope to see flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! I've also had a single leaf for 2,5 years. I never expected it to do anything, but now it has started to grow a stem. I hope it'll bloom before I die!!

    ReplyDelete