Sunday, July 14, 2013

Hoya Kerrii Flower Buds

By now it is pretty obvious that these are going to be flowers (how could I ever have doubted that? ;)).
However, they are growing slowly, compared to the Hoya carnosa compacta flowers in my office. But then again, the whole plant is taking its time, each leaf takes ages to grow. So why should it be different when it comes to their flowers?

I am very curious about the color and general look of the flowers (and I don't want to google it, I want to be surprised!).
I also included a photo of the whole plant. You can see that it's not very large, it only has six leaves and it started out as a single-leaf plant when I got it.
All the more amazing that it's flowering already!

Hoya kerrii flower buds
Hoya kerrii flower buds on July 13, 2013

Hoya kerrii flower buds with leaf
Hoya kerrii flower buds with a leaf on July 13, 2013

Hoya kerrii with flower buds
Hoya kerrii plant with its first flower buds on July 13, 2013

2 comments:

  1. Progressing very well. Congrats on getting it to grow from one leaf - that's almost magic! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Yes, I heard too, that it takes a lot of luck to get them to grow from one leaf. I think it just takes a lot of patience, or in my case... ignorance ;) (this is another example of a plant which I just watered but otherwise ignored for two years, and somehow it rewarded me with growth).

      Delete