Sunday, July 14, 2013

Phalaenopsis Flowers - The Second Group

My Phalaenopsis orchid (in addition to having survived a mealy bug infestation and the resulting treatment with a mild chemical) has decided to grow two new flower stems from two old ones. And a third flower stem has emerged from in between two new leaves as well.
The two flower stems growing from the old ones have four or five flower buds each and three of them opened yesterday.

I am so happy that this orchid (which is my very first one) likes its new place on the kitchen window sill a lot better than the much dryer place in the bedroom and that it has not taken the treatment against the bugs to hard.
I was quite nervous when I first got this plant but my fears that I might not know the right treatment for it, proved to be wrong... apparently. :)

Phalaenopsis flower
Phalaenopsis flower on July 13, 2013

Phalaenopsis flower
Phalaenopsis flower and flower bud on July 13, 2013

Phalaenopsis flower
Phalaenopsis flower and flower bud on July 13, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment