Friday, October 10, 2014

Something Pink And Beautiful

I love how there are so many plants that blossom during fall and winter. It turns these otherwise dreary and gray seasons (even though right now we have brilliant sunshine here in Germany) into beautiful and colorful times.

My kitchen windowsill will soon be a collection of pink, red and white (I have yet to obtain a yellow one) blossoms of several different Schlumbergera plants. And what can I say? I just love them!

The pink ones were the fastest this year, closely followed by a red one with a single pioneer blossom that will open today or tomorrow. The white ones are not that far behind but they are generally the last ones to flower.


Pink Schlumbergera flower on October 4, 2014


Pink Schlumbergera flower on October 4, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment