Thursday, July 16, 2015

Passiflora 'Lady Margaret'

Another new addition to my home plant paradise are three passion flowers.

You might remember that I once had four passion flowers:
  • Passiflora 'Petra',
  • Passiflora 'Purple Haze',
  • Passiflora 'Sapphire'
  • Passiflora caerulea 'Constance Elliott'

All four of them unfortunately did not survive on my windowsill - I guess they are "outdoor"-plants after all.

Now that we have moved and I finally have a garden, a south facing terrace and a south facing balcony, I got three new passion flowers.
This time I got myself a
  • Passiflora caerulea (hardy),
  • Passiflora caerulea 'Constance Elliott' (hardy, an old friend)
  • and the gorgeous Passiflora 'Lady Margaret'

The latter is my first ever red passion flower and it was also the first one to open one of her blossoms.

Like I said: plants like me and they seem to want to impress me... I can't help it.


Passiflora 'Lady Margaret' on July 3, 2015




Passiflora 'Lady Margaret' on July 6, 2015

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! And passionflower is such a wonderful medicinal herb as well, it's just one of the best plants of all time, really. Thank you for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete